Projected Image Divisions
Class A Is for the advanced photographers, professional photographers and PSA Star Exhibitors.
Class B Is for the beginning photographers, new members and those who compete less often.
Competition Classes: A member, by notifying the Board, may move up to a higher Competition Class. A member may also request reclassification by the Board to move to a lower Class. Members will be notified at the beginning of the Club year if the Board feels they should move to a higher Class for the next year's competition. The Executive Board will resolve any disputes regarding classifications.
Prints: Any member may submit a maximum of two prints in any competition Division. A member cannot enter Class A and Class B in the same Division
Projected Images: Any member may submit a maximum of two digital images in any competition Division. A member cannot enter Class A and Class B in the same Division.
Print Competition and Digital Competition is the first meeting of each month, with the following exception:
In all Divisions there are a total number of ten (10) competition nights. The maximum competition nights allowed a member can enter, and not loose points, is eight (8). If eight (8) nights are exceeded, the penalty is the loss of the highest point score for a previous entered competition. The Minimum nights allowed to enter to be eligible for year end awards is three (3).
- No member shall be eligible to enter any competition judged by a member of his or her immediate family.
- If a member judges twice in a specific competition in the current club year, that member will be permitted to enter a double entry in the same division judged on another competition night. The member will let the Competition Chairman know they ar entering a double entry.
- Any Print and Projected Image entered in club competition may be re-entered one time, if the entry scored lower than 3rd place. The member will let the Competition Chairman know they are entering a previously entered entry.
- Projected Images previously entered and placed in previous competition divisions: Color and Monochrome Projected. may not be entered in the new competition divisions: Open Color and/or Open Monochrome.
- Nature and Photojournalism are considered separate divisions. Any print or digital image that has been entered in Nature or Photojournalism competition may also be entered in Pictorial competition and vice versa.
- All Images entered during the club year are eligible for entry in the End of the Year Competition in the same division as entered, regardless of how the images placed.
- 1st Place - 5 points
- 2nd Place - 4 points
- 3rd Place - 3 points
- Honorable Mention - 2 points
- All other entries - 1 point
- Disqualifications - 0 points
The following points apply to all competitions in Prints and Projected Images. Competitors with the highest points for the year in each class of competition, will receive an appropriate award. Same scores given by the judges will be considered ties and each will receive the same number of points. Points earned in one class may not be transferred to another class.
Prints or Digital Images given the same score by the judges will be considered ties and each will receive the same number of points. Points earned in one class may not be transferred to another class.
Judges will be selected by the Second Vice President. Each member is expected to judge two or more times during the year and is encouraged to find a replacement if unable to judge. If a member judges twice in a club year in the same Division (Print or Digital), the judge is eligible to enter a double entry in competition in the same Division.
Resolution of Disputes:
All questions about the interpretation and application of these rules may be deferred to the Executive Board by the Competition Committees or by an individual member.